Thursday, May 1, 2008

In the beginning...

Hi all... this is a blog site I am setting up for my earrings, since it is the closest thing to my having a baby, or family, or any other significant relationship worth blogging about.

Those of you curious might want to know:

- How did all this madness start?

Well, it all began when I learned that a fellow schoolmate (cutie-patootie party planner and soon to be periodontist extraordinaire, Jennifer Clark) told me she was making earrings with her orthodontic pliers (which, for those of you dental-related will easily understand that we use these pliers to learn how to bend wire for orthodontic braces)... At first, I was reluctant to begin yet ANOTHER hobby because those of you who know me, know how "balls out" I go when it comes to my hobbies, but I figured, "hey, I had to purchase these ortho pliers for dental school, and I'm never going to use them ever again, so why not!?!?

As it turns out, I found myself at the local Joanns one day (yeah, I know... just happened to find myself there one day... how lame am I?) and I was surprised by how mesmerized I was!! Needless to say, two hours and $50 down the hole, I came home and began twiddling with my pliers.

The name "tweed & loop" comes from the fact that the main ortho wire bending tool I use to make my jewelry is called a "tweedloop plier." I am fully responsible for coming up with the creativity of "&"!

Please visit often to see what's new with tweed & loop!

No comments: